Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I was going to post about my thoughts on developers, program managers, testers and how those disciplines fit together and I was going to entitle the blogpost "The Trinity of Software Development". Then I thought about it. On the bus. That's where I do my best thinking.

Why "trinity"? That has obvious religious overtones. And it would only be a matter of time until some atheist[1] came along and claimed it could all be done without any of the three. Not to mention the polytheists[2]. Really. I'm not going to mention them. Why "trinity" indeed?

So I decided not to post that long screed here. Instead, this is a placeholder for what I had intended to write. I think I'll pick some other tortured analogy instead. I think I'll go scribble something out on dead trees and post it later tonight.

[1] actually, from what I gather this was very similar to the early development org on the product I work on now. That's a long story and I don't want to paint too many black eyes on my workplace, though, so I'll skip it.
[2] I could start to make an argument that either consulting or working at a large software company might fit polytheism to varying degrees, but again I'll skip it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?